Our community based falls prevention programme for the frail and elderly at risk of falling provides a ‘step down’ service for those exiting the NHS falls prevention service or a step up for people unsteady on their feet wishing to prevent a fall.
The Wellbalanced Programme in Mid Sussex could be for you!
What are Wellbalanced Classes?
A 24-week rolling course of balance and strengthening exercises designed to reduce the risk of falls, at only £1.50 per class!
Who can attend?
The programme maybe for you if you….
- Feel unsteady on your feet
- Have experienced a fall
- Want to prevent a fall
- Have been referred by an NHS falls prevention service
- Can rise from a chair without help
Wellbalanced is a referral only programme for your safety. This helps us to triage you for the most appropriate level of the programme.
Who are the Wellbalanced Instructors?
Our team of instructors are qualified and experienced in Postural Stability and Falls Prevention. You will be in safe hands!
When do classes take place?
Weekly classes are held at:
- Monday at Chequer Mead Community Arts Centre, East Grinstead, 2-3pm & 3-4pm.
- Tuesday at The Sidney West Centre, Burgess Hill, 12.45-1.45pm & 2-3pm. Also includes tea, coffee and biscuits after the class.
- Wednesday at Age Concern, Hassocks, 2-3pm and 3-4pm
- Thursday at The Triangle Leisure Centre,Burgess Hill, 1.30-2.30pm .
- Friday at St Wilfred’s Centenary Hall,Haywards Heath 12.45-1.45pm and 1-2pm. Also includes tea, coffee and biscuits after the class.
How do I book a class?
Ask your GP or Practice Nurse to refer you to Mid Sussex Wellbeing
or please call 01444 477191
or E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Do you provide transport?
Unfortunately we are unable to provide transport. If you are unable to make your own way we recommend using the Dial a Ride Service offered by BlueBird Community Partnership. They can be contacted by telephone 01444 471919 or 01444 471177 or by email: email@example.com.
NICE compliant and based on the LLT/ProFane model, Places Leisure in partnership with Active House Solutions are commissioned by Mid Sussex Wellbeing Service to deliver their two tier falls prevention service called The Wellbalanced Programme.